Scam-List
Haven't become an active member yet? SIGN UP TODAY! It's 100% FREE!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Scam-List
Haven't become an active member yet? SIGN UP TODAY! It's 100% FREE!
Scam-List
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Zhongshan Jinting Plastic & Hardware Products Co., Ltd.
Love Scam EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 pm by zoki

» Hunter Exchange Scam
Love Scam EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:22 am by Admin

» ALERT: MEDICARE SCAMS
Love Scam EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 am by mike22

» Another Typical Email Scam
Love Scam EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:01 pm by Admin

» Nigerian Scam BUSTED!!!
Love Scam EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:05 am by Admin

» Love Scam
Love Scam EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:50 pm by Admin

» E-CIGARETTE
Love Scam EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:10 am by Admin

» E-Cigarette Experiences
Love Scam EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:44 am by Admin

» NEW VARIENT of NIGERIAN EMAIL SCAM
Love Scam EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm by Admin

Love Scam

Go down

Love Scam Empty Love Scam

Post by Admin Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:24 pm

I am sad to say it has finaly started... some dipshits are using photos of the Men serving our Country, not just living but guys who gave their LIFE defending our freedoms. They are using the pics as profile photos on social websites and dating websites. The story was first found by The Scam List on CNN. Unfortunatley the thought is that these scammers are once again out of the West African Region of the world... therefore you know the answer already, they won't get busted. So... this is why we must be proactive and inform eachother of this crap. The article on CNN shows an example of one soldier who died in Iraq a couple years ago. This lowlife scammer used his photo on a dating website and wound up scamming a nice woman out of over a thousand dollars under the guise of a "Plane Ticket" to come home and see her. It's disgusting... I served in the USArmy as a Flight Medic and was also a member of the Military Forces Honor Guard (we performed details at the cemetary and churches etc for our fallen brothers and sisters as well as retirees... flag folding/presentations, rifle details etc). For lack of better or more polite wording, I want to personally kill these scamming jerkoffs but that would likley end up with me serving time in jail so guess I cannot go snipe these pricks.

Please read the full article at CNN. Heres a Link to the full article: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/27/romance.scam/index.html

And lastly, since someone has used this soldier's name in vain, I would like to right now and right here set the air straight. Spc. Brian Browning was killed in action approximatley 3 years ago while guarding us in Iraq. He is a hero in my eyes and to see his name smeared angers me to no end. This fine young man deserves MUCH more than that. R.I.P. Brian, and may you continue your work as an angel, guarding your loved ones as you decided to do when you joined the Military. I salute you.

Admin
Admin

http://www.scam-list.com

Back to top Go down

Love Scam Empty Re: Love Scam

Post by Admin Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Well looks like theres a new twist on this scam. This article was recently brought to my attention.

54-year-old Pleasant Garden woman met a deployed U.S. soldier online in July. He was muscular. He wrote her poetry. He said he believed in God and that faith had brought them together.

Over dozens of late-night e-mails and online chats, O’Leary developed strong feelings for him. Maybe, just maybe, she thought, this guy was the one.

Then things got odd.

He asked her to pay a courier in Ghana $2,000 for plane tickets, a deal that would bring him — and her, by default — part of a $3 million payoff from Iraq.

FULL STORY can be read at the originating website:
http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/08/21/article/online_romance_turns_to_scam

Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited link for accuracy)

Admin
Admin

http://www.scam-list.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum